Skip to main content

Whew, I Can Breathe!!!

What a day!!! Curt flew out at 6:30 this morning, he left for the airport at 4:15 am. Thankfully Ed came over before he had to go to work this morning and went with me to get Curt's car and brought it back for us! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
But let me tell you, it was one thing after another today! I guess it didn't help, I was a little stressed not hearing from Curt until 8:30 TONITE!!! He got into Mexico about noon. I didn't see any plane crashes on the news on the internet, but for me, if I don't hear his voice and KNOW he made it, I am gonna worry. I am not normally this bad, but for some reason, I was! Last time he flew to Mexico and even when he went to China, I was not this bad... Dunno...
I think, ok, I don't think, I KNOW the kids knew I was stressed and could sense it and they were SUPER bad!!!!!!! It was seriously one thing after another!!! Fingers pinched, toes crushed and stepped on, heads banged, paper cuts, tears over NOTHING, split milk, split cereal, pb and j in the hair and face, fall down half the stairs, talking back, spitting, more confusion on why Mr. Ed drove daddy's car, where was daddy, why did we go to the airport and not see daddy, why doesn't daddy answer his phone.... Do I need to go on? Yes, these things happen, but when I am already uptight, this doesn't all happen at ONE time!!!!!! I had a friend call me tonite at 7:25, milk got spilt so I told her I would call her back in about 5 minutes.... The 5 minutes turned into 30 minutes! I tried to call her back, but when I went to pick the phone up, more mass chaos!!!!!!!! So, the day is almost over, the girls were asleep within 20 minutes of putting them to bed, that NEVER happens!!!!!!!! Gavin was asleep within 10... Now, I need to go get some stuff done and hit the hay myself! Praying a better day awaits us tomorrow!
Curt is in Mexico! He saw "his" 2 girls from last year visit, the one girl saw him and her eyes lit up! Curt went over to her right away and asked if she remembered calling him a "Crazy Monkey"? She did! ;o) She is learning more English, so she took him around to show him everything! He said it was 98 degrees today! Sure it will be the same or hotter tomorrow! Will keep updating this as I hear from him. But I know he will have more stories and pics to go with them!!! He said he would post them all, so this is a warning!!! :O) It will be a TON on one blog, or MANY blogs coming! :O)
GOOD-NITE!!!!

Comments

Angela said…
Oh, man - kids do have a way of knowing when we're stressed. Ugh. I sure hope today is a better day!
Glad to hear Curt made it in safely and can't wait to hear all the stories! I know it will be an amazing trip for him!
So glad Ed could help ... and for future reference, we'll be mad if you get those babies out in the wee hours of the morning or night without asking for our help! :-)
Jena said…
Glad he made it safe! Remember I am here for you if you need ANYTHING :) See you Thursday!
Anonymous said…
Whew, now you are making me nervous. Jon will be out of town for business this Sunday through Thursday...uh oh!

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Ultrasound

First of all, thank you ladies for all those sweet comments you made on my last post! How sweet you are for saying those things! Made my day!!! :O) Second, went for the ultrasound on Monday and everything is fine! WHOO HOO!!!!! No more placenta previa!!!! The baby weighs about 2 1/2 lbs, and everything looks good! We took the kids with us so they could see their baby brother/sister, they LOVED it!! Gavin was FULL of questions though! What's that stuff she put on mommy's belly? Why do the lights needs to be off? I only see one eye. Where's the other eye? What was that, is that his hand or leg? Oh my.... ;o) The tech ended up putting up a 4D on the screen, so that was really cool to see! The cord was kinda in the way, but I still think it was awesome! I didn't have that with any of the other kids!!! :O) Maybe the trick is taking 3 other siblings in to see the 4th!!! ;o) I also only gained a pound, which I am trying to figure out, seeings how I pretty m

Grandma

Grandma passed away this morning at 1:35 am. She had been totally un-responsive for the past couple of days. Yesterday we got a call and said she only had an hour, they said they made the mistake and grandma heard them, so she kept hanging on! Her feet had been cold and almost black, but they were starting to get warm and she was taking more breaths, but still very shallow. Finally she gave in and went home! The family seems to be doing ok, just please keep them in your prayers! The viewing will be Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am not sure of the times yet, they are meeting with the funeral director in an hour. I am not going to be at the musical practice Monday nite, so Sandy May and Jena R are in charge that nite! I will have the lines assigned so the kids will know what their parts will be! Please help them out this week!!!! Thank you!!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers!!!!