Skip to main content

Day 1 and 2

If you've seen my or Curt's status yesterday you will know what's going on...  And if you didn't that's ok, I'm gonna explain it a bit...  ;)

Curt read a book called More or Less by Jeff Shinabarger.  I'm only 4 chapters in, and wow.

Before Curt started reading this book, I've wanted to go through the house and simplify.  We have too much stuff.  :) The kids have enough clothes and we can get rid of some, they have enough toys, we can get rid of some, I have more than enough clothes, I need to get rid of some, I have more than enough kitchen tools, I can get rid of some, let's face it, we have enough.  We have a house, each child has a bed, and clothes to wear, we have 2 bathrooms that have 2 showers and 2 toilets.  We are rich compared to some...

So as he is reading this book, he is telling me about it and posting lines from the book on his FaceBook page.  I couldn't wait for him to finish it so I could read it, then the kids had surgery and I couldn't wrap my brain around anything except get through the day!  :) So now I'm finally reading it!  :D

Curt was telling me about this food "challenge" that Jeff and his wife had done.  They thought they had enough food to last them a month, to actually see the cupboards bare.  They wanted to go a whole month without buying any food (except for some essentials). So guess what Curt and I decided to do? In order to save some money to pay some more on adoption and hospital bills, we prayed and decided to do this!

I know I have some canned stuff that needs to be eaten, and I know that I have stuff in the freezer as well. Let's see if a family of 8 can get by with a whole month and not buy anything.  Except maybe some milk and eggs.

I know I have enough stuff to make bread and oats for a while, I just need to do it.  ;)

Yesterday was the first day of this and here is what we had:

Breakfast: Pumpkin oatmeal with raisins
Lunch: Pb and J in tortilla with side of raw carrots
Supper: Got brought to us from friend, a pork chop casserole that was FANTASTIC!!!!  :D
Snack: Graham crackers

Today the 2nd:

Breakfast: Blueberry oatmeal
Lunch: Veggie Romaine Lettuce leafs with half an orange and a few pretzels
Supper: Leftover Enchilada Casserole over rice
Snack: Popcorn

Pumpkin Oatmeal

As much oats as you need, I don't measure anymore bc I just dump, I know how much my kids eat. ;)
Pumpkin (canned)
Cinnamon
Milk (or water)
Raisins

Dump your oats, pumpkin, cinnamon, milk or water, and raisins in pot and cook until desired doneness. ;) I did drizzle some honey on top in the kids bowls.  ;)

Blueberry Oatmeal

As much oats as you need
Can of blueberry pie filling
Can of evaporated milk
Cinnamon
More milk or water


Dump everything in pot and cook until done!  I did take 2 bananas and split it between the 6 kids.


I don't know why I had blueberry pie filling b/c I don't normally buy it with the corn syrup in it.  I still have one more can to use!  I also have a TON of evaporated milk and sweetened condense milk.  Curt did laugh at me about how much we have, but I know I bought them when they were about .25 a can at Aldis...  Can't pass that price up and I knew I would use them...  but I haven't used them as fast as I thought... 

Will post again tomorrow with the menu!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Ultrasound

First of all, thank you ladies for all those sweet comments you made on my last post! How sweet you are for saying those things! Made my day!!! :O) Second, went for the ultrasound on Monday and everything is fine! WHOO HOO!!!!! No more placenta previa!!!! The baby weighs about 2 1/2 lbs, and everything looks good! We took the kids with us so they could see their baby brother/sister, they LOVED it!! Gavin was FULL of questions though! What's that stuff she put on mommy's belly? Why do the lights needs to be off? I only see one eye. Where's the other eye? What was that, is that his hand or leg? Oh my.... ;o) The tech ended up putting up a 4D on the screen, so that was really cool to see! The cord was kinda in the way, but I still think it was awesome! I didn't have that with any of the other kids!!! :O) Maybe the trick is taking 3 other siblings in to see the 4th!!! ;o) I also only gained a pound, which I am trying to figure out, seeings how I pretty m

North or be Eaten...

Wow what an AWESOME book!!!!!!!!! I don't know where to begin, so I am just going to write the "preview" from the back of the book! ;o) North or be Eaten is by Andrew Peterson and this happens to be the 2nd one in this series. First the found themselves On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness. Now they must make their way North! Or Be Eaten... Janner, Tink, and Leeli Igiby thought they were normal children with normal lives and a normal past. But now they know they're really the Lost Jewels of Anniera, heirs to a legendary kingdom across the sea, and suddenly everyone wants to kill them. In order to survive, the Igibys must flee to the safety of the Ice Prairies, where the lizard-like Fangs of Dang cannot follow. First however, they have to escape the monsters of Glipwood Forest, the thieving Stranders of the East Bend, and the dreaded Fork Factory. But even more dangerous is the jealousy and bitterness that threaten to tear them apart, and Janner and his siblings mus