Skip to main content

Chen Fu Yi




(I wrote this the day we got her info and had to take it down b/c China hadn't "officially" said she was ours yet, so we had to delete everything we posted...  Just looking through my blogs I found this... I soooo remember that day so very well!  ;))


Oh my, what a day!
It was a pretty good day, getting things done, etc...

I put a super yummy apple crisp in the oven for our dessert last nite...

Then the phone rang a little bit before 5...  I didn't recognize the number, but picked up.  It was Aimee, our home coordinator for AWAA. 
Her and Curt had been emailing back and forth a few things on our WC (Waiting Child) application.  They wanted it to be more specific and which ones would we DEF take, etc...

So he put down personal experience in deafness...

She wrote back and said be more clear...

So he wrote back, that I had taught it to some high school students for a year as their foreign language, I took classes before I was married and got certified through those classes...

So that was fresh in her mind and then this precious girl came across her desk...

She also asked me how we felt, or if we had any problems with getting a child close in age or the same age of one of ours already. I told her no, not at all. I said, we just put that age range because we didn't know, we didn't know which child God has for us... :)

She called to tell us another question we had pertaining to something else, and then she asked if Curt was home.  I said yes he is, do you want to talk to him?  She said well, I was wondering if there is a way I could talk to both of you?  I said sure, I can put you on speaker phone... 
At this point I am PRAYING that the kids are quiet...  I knew Thad was getting hungry and they can all smell the dessert at this point!  :)

So I give him the phone and said she wants to talk to the both of us..  So he put it on speaker phone..  She was talking about a form that we hadn't sent in yet because we need $890 and we didn't quite have it, etc...  But she was saying sometimes it happens when a child comes in and they match what an prospective parent(s) want...  So she said with JUST having got the last email from Curt at like 3 that afternoon, this lil girl came across her desk...

So that's why she asked about how we felt about the closeness of age in a child and if it's close to the same age in ours already....

So back to the convo...  She said a whole bunch of other stuff pertaining to the application, yadda yadda yadda.  It's not really yadda, but we got the jist..  I was wondering where this was going...

I kinda knew and thought that this would be happening fast, but then I was like nah, it's not going to go that fast, we still need to turn in that form with the money, and we need to get a van....  But deep down I just had the feeling, trust me child, it's coming...  Be prepared...

So then she said I have a little girl whose name is Chen Fu Yi and she just turned 3 years old on Jan 3.  She's deaf in both ears, that's why I thought of you with Mandy's past experience.

She then said we would have 2 days to look over the file and her pic and then if we said yes, we would have 10 days to fill out some forms, take them to a doc to have them look them over, etc....

She said we could take as little as 5 minutes to say yes or no, or as long as the 2 days...

Aimee said before we hung up that she would send all the info and it would be in our email in 5 minutes...

Let's just say it was NOT 5 minutes...  This was absolute PURE TORTURE!!!!!

I went over to Face book and changed my status to Ugh, feels like I'm waiting on a POSITIVE on a pregnancy test!!!

I was "thinking" some might get it..  but most people knew it was a code, but didn't quite get it...

In the mean time b/c I did not want to get up b/c I did NOT want to miss that email, I totally forgot about the apple crisp, browning ever so nicely in my oven....  (it got burnt to a CRISP, it was DEFINITELY apple CRISP!!  LOL I don't EVER burn ANYTHING either...  ;)

We FINALLY got the email with Chen's pics and file and info...  We immediately said yes upon seeing her pic!  My heart melted right away, I knew she was mine... I didn't care about anything else!  :) She was the one God had for us!

We read all the papers, at first wondering HOW we would read them since they were all in Chinese!!!  hahaha...  then going down to the last 2 papers, it was all written out in English... ;)

We called the kids into the room, sat them down, and told them and then showed them the pic of Chen.  They all got HUGE smiles and said YES!!!  So we sat down and we all prayed... 

We called Aimee back and figured we'd get her voice mail, but she was still in office, so we told her YES!  Then she sent us the rest of the info we needed to get the rest of the forms filled out.

I called my mom, then we tried to call Curt's parents but they weren't picking up....

Then Curt added to my status and took what her name means and put that all in CAPS LOCK...  ;)  That had a few people going even more, was getting a few texts to ANSWER them NOW....  But I was trying to wait til we got ahold of Curt's parents...  ;)

As soon as he told his parents I changed my pic to Chen!

Chen Fu Yi will be Galadriella Fu Yi Cecil, or Ella as some of us are calling her... 
I'm so anxious to hold her in my arms!  This is the day I've been praying for!  I've been praying for Chen Fu Yi, my sweet Galadriella!

I'm anxiously praying for my sweet lil man now!  I don't know where he is, who he is, or how soon we will find out, but I'm praying for him! 

We do not know when we will get her, we don't have travel dates, etc... But she's OURS!!!  :)

We are hoping that we will have our lil man at the same time so we don't have to take 2 trips, but it could happen....  I'm praying that we can get our sweet Ella and sweet lil man at the same time, but God has that all worked out!

We need a van, so we are looking at the Honda Odysseys...  I'm just asking for a dvd player and that it seats 8...  ;)  So if you know of anyone or a van, let us know...  We SERIOUSLY need it now!  It's moving along...  ;)

Chen means Morning
Fu mean Happiness
Yi means Righteous
Galadriella means Maiden crowned by a radiant garland

I'm sitting here all giddy, waiting, trying to wait patiently...  I tell myself, it takes 9-10 months for a baby to cook, we will get her before then...  It's just hard b/c we have a face, a name...

Thanks you Jesus for blessing us!  I can't wait to go get my lil kids!  She's absolutely PERFECT!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Ultrasound

First of all, thank you ladies for all those sweet comments you made on my last post! How sweet you are for saying those things! Made my day!!! :O) Second, went for the ultrasound on Monday and everything is fine! WHOO HOO!!!!! No more placenta previa!!!! The baby weighs about 2 1/2 lbs, and everything looks good! We took the kids with us so they could see their baby brother/sister, they LOVED it!! Gavin was FULL of questions though! What's that stuff she put on mommy's belly? Why do the lights needs to be off? I only see one eye. Where's the other eye? What was that, is that his hand or leg? Oh my.... ;o) The tech ended up putting up a 4D on the screen, so that was really cool to see! The cord was kinda in the way, but I still think it was awesome! I didn't have that with any of the other kids!!! :O) Maybe the trick is taking 3 other siblings in to see the 4th!!! ;o) I also only gained a pound, which I am trying to figure out, seeings how I pretty m

Grandma

Grandma passed away this morning at 1:35 am. She had been totally un-responsive for the past couple of days. Yesterday we got a call and said she only had an hour, they said they made the mistake and grandma heard them, so she kept hanging on! Her feet had been cold and almost black, but they were starting to get warm and she was taking more breaths, but still very shallow. Finally she gave in and went home! The family seems to be doing ok, just please keep them in your prayers! The viewing will be Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am not sure of the times yet, they are meeting with the funeral director in an hour. I am not going to be at the musical practice Monday nite, so Sandy May and Jena R are in charge that nite! I will have the lines assigned so the kids will know what their parts will be! Please help them out this week!!!! Thank you!!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers!!!!