Skip to main content

Things Needed

A few of y'all have been asking what else we need to get before we go get our little ones!  :)

I said I would just post a note so y'all can see what we need!

First of all, a quick update...  We should have all our paperwork in China by the end of the month and then it's more waiting.  But I know that God has this all under control!  :)

We will need to send in $7,350 with our dossier, but we are taking that money from our grant funds to cover that.  We should have about $11,000 (?) left in there and will prob need another $11-12,000 at the end, right before traveling...  Again, SO TOTALLY NOT worried about it!  God has seriously provided EVERY step of the way, it's amazing!  i'm just in AWE!!!!  I know, I shouldn't be becasue our God is just THAT awesome!  But in my human mind, I am just in awe, but yet i'm not becasue I KNOW our God is just AWESOME! 

I also know and remember telling Him that if this is HIS WILL, then He is gonna have to help us because we are NOT rich (money wise! ;)) And He has remained EVER so faithful!

Also, we will be in China for 3 weeks instead of 2...  our lil ones are in 2 different providences in Southern China...  So please be praying for our 4 here in the states that they handle us being gone THAT long!  After about 2 weeks of not bieng at home, they are ready to come back.  now, they will be staying here, so that will be good, but 3 weeks without mom and dad....  :)  My mom will be here with them for the last 2 weeks for sure, and hopefully Curt's parents will be able to come for the first part, and a friend from MI mentioned that she'd like to come help, and if for some reason they can't, my mom can come for the full 3 weeks.  So that's the plan, but since we don't know/have travel dates yet, we can't really "plan" anything!  :)
One thing on my list is bunk beds, but I may be going this week-end to go look at a set that has matress'!!!  I may need to get new matress', but a friend posted on her facebook page that we are in need of twin size and had quite a few of her friends respond with where the cheapest are, and KMart is the winner!  :)

Anywho....  my friend's mom saw on a listing of a sale that she's selling bunk beds and so she asked about them for me!  I hardly know my friends mom, I met her once...  Anywho....  The frame is $25...  So I'm praying that they will work and if so, i'm bringing them home!  :)

Just another way that God is providing and if for some reason this set doesn't work, I'm ok with that...  We found some online through Wal-mart...

Ok, here's the list of things needed:

Bunk Bed frame (going to go look this week-end and if they don't work, Wal-Mart online has it for $200- that's with shipping to our house!)

2 Twin Matress's- Kmart online has them for $49.99 a piece, so with shipping for 2, it will be about $131 (again, the set I'm going to go look at has matress', but I may just replace them, depending on how old they are, etc....)

3 twin size sheet sets for boys

3-4 new pillows for beds

Sit and Stand Stroller for when we are in China and will prob use it once we get back for Thad and our girl...  ;)  i found a few on Craiglist, but they were already sold!  I'm trying to find one under $50...  I'd like it to come from a smoke and pet free home... 

And we will prob need clothes, but I have NO idea what their sizes are!  I have some clothes for boy and girl put aside, but I have no idea if they are the right season and size!  Prob won't know that til we get them home!  :)  I do have a gift card for a children clothing store that a friend got me for our kids, so I can use that too!  :)

I need a few more kids plates, like those plastic ones...  We are set on bowls, cups, and silverware, but need a few more kids plates..  maybe 4?  :)

But there's the list...  For now...
I do need to get 2 more mini blinds for the girls room and boys...  But those are like 4 bucks are Target, I just keep forgetting to get them!
I'm also getting 2 drawers (cabinets) from Target, but have been out of stock, but it's to go under Gavin's bed for his clothes.
We have a dresser for both our new lil boy and girl, so we are set!

I think that's it, I almost feel like I'm forgetting to mention something....  It kinda looks like alot, but it really isn't THAT bad!  ;)  I have 3 sets of sheets right now for boys, but I like one extra per bed, due to bed wetting, or washing sheets, so I can change them right away!  :)

Thank you for your prayers and support for us through this!  I can't tell you just how much we appreicate it!!!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Ultrasound

First of all, thank you ladies for all those sweet comments you made on my last post! How sweet you are for saying those things! Made my day!!! :O) Second, went for the ultrasound on Monday and everything is fine! WHOO HOO!!!!! No more placenta previa!!!! The baby weighs about 2 1/2 lbs, and everything looks good! We took the kids with us so they could see their baby brother/sister, they LOVED it!! Gavin was FULL of questions though! What's that stuff she put on mommy's belly? Why do the lights needs to be off? I only see one eye. Where's the other eye? What was that, is that his hand or leg? Oh my.... ;o) The tech ended up putting up a 4D on the screen, so that was really cool to see! The cord was kinda in the way, but I still think it was awesome! I didn't have that with any of the other kids!!! :O) Maybe the trick is taking 3 other siblings in to see the 4th!!! ;o) I also only gained a pound, which I am trying to figure out, seeings how I pretty m

Grandma

Grandma passed away this morning at 1:35 am. She had been totally un-responsive for the past couple of days. Yesterday we got a call and said she only had an hour, they said they made the mistake and grandma heard them, so she kept hanging on! Her feet had been cold and almost black, but they were starting to get warm and she was taking more breaths, but still very shallow. Finally she gave in and went home! The family seems to be doing ok, just please keep them in your prayers! The viewing will be Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am not sure of the times yet, they are meeting with the funeral director in an hour. I am not going to be at the musical practice Monday nite, so Sandy May and Jena R are in charge that nite! I will have the lines assigned so the kids will know what their parts will be! Please help them out this week!!!! Thank you!!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers!!!!