Skip to main content

Something New

What a crazy busy day!

Feels like I've been going all day!  Which I guess I have!  Trying to get Thad to poop on the toilet, I know, maybe TMI, but that basically means just make sure he isn't hiding a corner somewhere.  ;)

Um, yeah, about that...  Have you EVER FOLLOWED, I mean REALLY followed, ALL THE TIME followed, a almost 2 1/2 year old???  Wowza! Talk about little bundle of energy!!! :)

Also, trying to work on a cake!  Needed and wanted to get the camera part of the cake done last nite, but I was way to tired!  It was a bad day yesterday.  Today already started out better, the kids were kissing up by making pb bread with banana slices on top for breakfast.  It was good!  ;) 

So between running around with Thad, trying to get some more done on the cake, making sure the older 3 were behaving...  It was a crazy day!  ;)

On top of that I made Thad an eye doc appointment.  I've noticed over the last 2 months that his eyes were crossing more and more and not focusing back very quickly.  It seemed to be getting worse and not better.  I also thought it was both of his eyes, but couldn't tell.  Didn't know if that was possible, so thought maybe it was in my head.  I knew the appointment wasn't anymore than 10 bucks, and I really wanted to know what was going on.  So today was the day.

I went in thinking, ok, he's gonna need glasses.  But eye patch and surgery was way back in my head, but was trying to keep all my options open!  I was also going in thinking, I am not going to make any decisions, gonna come home and do some research.  But if he needed glasses, I knew I couldn't hold off.  I also knew I was NOT going to get them at Lenscrafters after everything we've gone through with them!  (let's just say after having Curt's glasses for 3 months, they sent us a letter saying that Curt's lens were still not right!  :\ so they are on order... long story on that one if you don't already know...)  BUT they have for 30 bucks a 15 month guarantee that if something happens to the lens or the frames, they replace them for FREE!  ALSO, if his prescript changes for some reason in 90 days, they change them for FREE as well.  So, we decided to do that, we didn't want to, but we did.  He has to go back in 6-8 weeks to make sure it hasn't changed and see how he is doing.  She did say that a lot of kids with what he has usually has to get bifocals, but she did it without first to try.

He has weak and bad depth perception, so that's part of the of the prob, plus he is far sighted.

Poor kid, has his momma's and Granpa's eyes!  I feel bad that at the age of 2 he needs to wear them, but glad I took him in when I did.  Let's just say if I didn't, his depth perception could've gotten much worse and not repairable!  The doc said that you need depth perception for most jobs, so the glasses will help repair and strengthen it!

Will see how it goes the next 6-8 weeks!  I'm praying that he will adjust and wear them!  He kinda fought a bit with them tonite...  I think partly he was tired, and his eyes were still dilated.  She put 2 different drops in his eyes, so it was the STRONG dose of that!  She said he did GREAT, he didn't even cry like most kids do who need that done! 

Such a big boy, so proud of him today!  Between the peeing on the potty, now the glasses, he's done well!  He was very tired today, but so was/am I!!!  ;)

 Here's our lil man with his new specs!!!  Such a sweet lil guy!!!  :)

Ok, we have this HUGE window in our living room, and we've had a LOT more traffic since one of the roads is still closed due to the flooding we had, it totally washed the road away, so the detour is down out street...  All those people got a new view of our house today, Mr Thad mooning everyone front side and back side!  It's a great day!!!  ;)

My breakfast that the kids made us!  :)  Those were some HUGE banana slices on top, but it was good!  Not gonna lie!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Ultrasound

First of all, thank you ladies for all those sweet comments you made on my last post! How sweet you are for saying those things! Made my day!!! :O) Second, went for the ultrasound on Monday and everything is fine! WHOO HOO!!!!! No more placenta previa!!!! The baby weighs about 2 1/2 lbs, and everything looks good! We took the kids with us so they could see their baby brother/sister, they LOVED it!! Gavin was FULL of questions though! What's that stuff she put on mommy's belly? Why do the lights needs to be off? I only see one eye. Where's the other eye? What was that, is that his hand or leg? Oh my.... ;o) The tech ended up putting up a 4D on the screen, so that was really cool to see! The cord was kinda in the way, but I still think it was awesome! I didn't have that with any of the other kids!!! :O) Maybe the trick is taking 3 other siblings in to see the 4th!!! ;o) I also only gained a pound, which I am trying to figure out, seeings how I pretty m

Grandma

Grandma passed away this morning at 1:35 am. She had been totally un-responsive for the past couple of days. Yesterday we got a call and said she only had an hour, they said they made the mistake and grandma heard them, so she kept hanging on! Her feet had been cold and almost black, but they were starting to get warm and she was taking more breaths, but still very shallow. Finally she gave in and went home! The family seems to be doing ok, just please keep them in your prayers! The viewing will be Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am not sure of the times yet, they are meeting with the funeral director in an hour. I am not going to be at the musical practice Monday nite, so Sandy May and Jena R are in charge that nite! I will have the lines assigned so the kids will know what their parts will be! Please help them out this week!!!! Thank you!!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers!!!!