Skip to main content

Who Needs It?

This morning I got to sleep in a bit.. I got up, came out the couch and sat down to finish up the GARAGEKIDZ schedule... So after Gavin was done eating, he came downstairs dressed. He said Uh mom, I can't turn the washer on. i said, ok, well, did you put laundry soap in it? he said yes mom, i did. I told him, don't worry, I'll come and get it in a bit, I have to finish putting the jeans in the washer.

Ok, let me back track a bit... ;) By our stairs is our washer and dryer room.. Since it's by the stairs, I just have one of the kids bring down their laundry basket and set it in front of the washing room. So by the stairs, I just sort out all their laundry, and then when I bring out ours from the hallway, I just add to it. So i had the kids jeans in the washer and then their darks sitting in another laundry basket waiting for their turn. ;)

So this morning, I was going to add all our jeans and then turn it on after we had our showers.

So, I go around and I start to smell something, and it's strong. I thought, oh, he got the fabric softener in ok! He always adds a bit extra for some reason! ;) I look and see all the jeans that I had in the washer on the floor and all their dark clothes in the washer. I was like, ok, well, since it's darks, I'll just wash their jeans and their darks together. No biggie, have done it before... ;) Then I see some fabric softener on the floor. So I get a paper towel and clean it up. You see, our almost empty fabric softener container fell off the washer, so you have to hold it just right, or it will leak on the floor and you! So, that's what I was thinking happened, no biggie, right? ;)

So I make sure the soap is in there and don't even bother putting any softener in... turn the washer on and walk away.

Come nap time, as I am taking Thad upstairs to bed, he is emptying the washer, he was like, wow, this is a strong smell hun! i was like, yeah, it is. It's not the first time Gavin has helped with the laundry and got a little extra softener!

I come back down the stairs and Curt is back in the living room getting all his work papers sorted for his visits this week. I grab our laundry basket of darks and jeans, throw them in the wash, grab what i thought was our almost empty fabric softener bottle, and empty it, then I go to grab what I thought was my BRAND NEW 155 load softener. (in this house, we buy bulk and BIG!! cheaper to buy the big 155 load soap and softener! ;)) But as I am starting to grab the new bottle, I notice that there is the softener on the outside by the pouring spout. You know how when you use the soap and softener, you get that little bit of build up? Well, I saw it and I was like, no, no way! I go ahead and grab it and empty that puppy out!

You should've seen me!!! I was looking allllll over the place and thinking, what did he do with that WHOLE bottle of softener!!! Surely he didn't pour the whole bottle in the laundry, or did he? I was like really? At this point i am starting to laugh!

I walk out to the living room and hold up the 2 bottles and say uh huh? He was like what? I have this huge smile on my face, I am like shaking them! He said, no way, no way.... he didn't... I just shook my head and was laughing! I am like, seriously, what else am I gonna do!!

Curt said, we just bought that bottle! He didn't use the whole thing! You need to go talk to him. I said, I know...

so, I go back to our room where he lays down, and I open the door and just hold up the bottle and say hey bubby, what happened? He looked at me and said, i am sorry mom. I didn't see it going in the container so I just kept pouring. I said, bubby, you used the whole bottle? Yea, mom, I am really sorry! i say, thank you so much for your help, but let's let mommy and daddy pour the soap and you can put the clothes in and help turn the washer on, ok? He said ok mommy. i said, I love you bubby!

I walk out of the room and just bust out laughing! I can't get mad, he was helping, or so he thought! Ok, so he used a WHOLE BOTTLE of fabric softener which was about 10 bucks on ONE load of laundry, but hey! Give the boy credit for helping, right? ;)

I was wanting to see if I could find a homemade recipe to make my own fabric softener anyways... just a better excuse to it NOW!!!

And I do believe that I will be keeping the kids clothes separate and washing them by themselves, since they won't need any softener for a while!!! ;)

Let's just say that after 6 hours, the house still smells like it!!! The kids folded all their clothes and put them away UPSTAIRS!!! The upstairs also smells quite good!

So..... if you see my kiddos and they smell EXTRA clean and EXTRA soapy, it's because they are! ;)

I love my kids, and I love that they want to help and I am going to take that help while they are willing to offer it without a fuss!! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Grandma

Grandma passed away this morning at 1:35 am. She had been totally un-responsive for the past couple of days. Yesterday we got a call and said she only had an hour, they said they made the mistake and grandma heard them, so she kept hanging on! Her feet had been cold and almost black, but they were starting to get warm and she was taking more breaths, but still very shallow. Finally she gave in and went home! The family seems to be doing ok, just please keep them in your prayers! The viewing will be Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am not sure of the times yet, they are meeting with the funeral director in an hour. I am not going to be at the musical practice Monday nite, so Sandy May and Jena R are in charge that nite! I will have the lines assigned so the kids will know what their parts will be! Please help them out this week!!!! Thank you!!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers!!!!

Run-Aways

Wow, this has seriously been an eventful week! Starting off with the whole fabric softener mis-hap, which you can read on here if you didn't see or hear about it! Then Curt left Monday nite, Tuesday, well, it was ok, we had mom's group and the kids were acting up a bit, but nothing too bad... Then Wednesday I had a meeting at the church... It started out ok, the meeting wasn't long at all! Gavin came into the room and said he wanted to go play outside on the playground. I told him no, because I couldn't see him. I said, what if someone came by and picked you up and grabbed you and took you somewhere? Mommy would never see you again and I would be soooo sad! I said, I can't see you, so you need to stay inside. Well, not more than 3 minutes passed and Kotah comes up to me and says, uh, mom, Gavin is trying to go outside. So, I get up, go over to him and talk. I asked him what is he doing? he says, I WANT to play OUTSIDE! I said, bubby, I can't see you, so you can&