Monday, January 25, 2010

E-mail Update from my Mom

Good evening to all,

Thought I would fill you all in on what is going on following my 2 doctor appointments today. Blood work is back on the arthritis work up and I DO NOT have Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus or Scleroderma, which is great! Still don't know exactly what it is, but there are many different forms of arthritis to choose from! Dr. Campbell will continue to monitor my symptoms and we will go from there. But the good news is, I am feeling much better. I continue to take a low dose methylprednisolone and arthritis strength Tylenol as needed. Swelling is much better and pain level is very low.

Dr. O'Shaughnessy (cardiologist) was very encouraging and really thinks there is nothing serious with the heart issue. He ordered a Treadmill Myoview stress test for this Wednesday, just to be sure and to get a baseline reading. He said that will show if there are any problems that didn't show up in the EBT scan, but feels rather confident that everything is okay. He will continue to see me yearly and then if there is no change in heart scans, will not need to see me as often.

I have been released to return to work, which is encouraging.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words. I am so thankful for your friendship. In the words of the children's prayer, "God is Great and God is Good". There is HOPE and I remain HOPEFUL.

Love to all of you,
Carol

No comments: