Skip to main content

He's Home...

Dad got home on Friday about 2:30ish. They have an appointment with Dr Gize on Tuesday at 4:30 to find out what type of cancer he has. And what they can do or if they can do anything. If the docs don't give them any options, they will try some other alternatives. Mom did say Dr Gize did confirm that dad has stage 4 cancer, whatever kind it is.
We left mom and dad's about 4:20 to head up to Curt's parents campgrounds. Wanted to see some people and go to the evening service. So we finally left there about 11:00pm. Then we ended up stopping in Laurelville, PA where my mom's side of the family are having their reunion. We weren't going to stop, but we were there about 6:00am, and perfect timing to stop and let the kids get out and run and of course, EAT!!! :O) We weren't going to stay very long, but by the time we talked to everyone, the kids were having a blast too! So we stayed and left right after lunch. It was so good to see everyone and just talk! My Aunt Martha (my mom's sister) went through what we are going through right now. Her hubby, Uncle Eli had pancreatic cancer too. They told him 3 to 6 months and he lived 3 1/2 years after that. So it was nice to talk to her and her kids. They totally understand what we all are going through and how we feel! Sometimes you feel like crying your eyes out and saying this can't be, then the next you are ok talking about it and you know you can get through this! This is the time when there are only one set of footprints in the sand, God is carrying us all through this and He is the only one that can help us!
I feel bad that mom and dad are all alone now, but I also know that they need this time to themselves. My brother and his wife Amy left early this morning and also stopped off at the reunion to say hi. They are sad they had to leave too. We feel bad that mom and dad have to go through this alone, but yet they aren't. They have all your prayer support, which I don't know how to express my thanks for all your prayers! Plus God is with them, carrying them! I pray that the next couple of days go quickly for them and they are at peace with whatever Dr Gize will tell them! I pray that they can go about their day and not think or worry about what the future holds. I pray that for me too! My dad is a fighter and he will fight his way, no matter how hard!
Dad isn't taking any meds for his itch, which is great! He is still yellow, but looking better every day! I think mom said the doc said it could take up to 10 days to get rid of all the yellow. They will also replace the stent in his bile duct (SP?) every 6 to 8 weeks. If they don't, he will start to get yellow and itchy all over.
Dad is also taking 24mlg (Right?) of insulin every day. He is to check it I think before meals and then before bed. Mom said his sugar level was over 400 today, but that may be the IV still in his system. He had about 4 bags of that stuff while there, if not more. Plus it will take a while to get it in order with their diet. They plan on eating healthy like before, but making sure he gets protein that he needs. I got him a big jar of cashews and a peanut mixture before we left! :O)
My neighbor dropped off some info on cancer. Things they can do instead of the chemo and radiation if they choose not to do that.
So, that's about it. They both were really tired today, but they are able to sleep, which is great!
Will keep updating as I find out more! Thanks again for all your prayers, and visits! I know they really appreciate and couldn't get through this without all your support!

Comments

MelindaBeth said…
Mandy....thanks for the updates on your blog. We'll keep praying for your parents...and you!! Hang in there, and like you said, you're not in this alone!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Ultrasound

First of all, thank you ladies for all those sweet comments you made on my last post! How sweet you are for saying those things! Made my day!!! :O) Second, went for the ultrasound on Monday and everything is fine! WHOO HOO!!!!! No more placenta previa!!!! The baby weighs about 2 1/2 lbs, and everything looks good! We took the kids with us so they could see their baby brother/sister, they LOVED it!! Gavin was FULL of questions though! What's that stuff she put on mommy's belly? Why do the lights needs to be off? I only see one eye. Where's the other eye? What was that, is that his hand or leg? Oh my.... ;o) The tech ended up putting up a 4D on the screen, so that was really cool to see! The cord was kinda in the way, but I still think it was awesome! I didn't have that with any of the other kids!!! :O) Maybe the trick is taking 3 other siblings in to see the 4th!!! ;o) I also only gained a pound, which I am trying to figure out, seeings how I pretty m

Run-Aways

Wow, this has seriously been an eventful week! Starting off with the whole fabric softener mis-hap, which you can read on here if you didn't see or hear about it! Then Curt left Monday nite, Tuesday, well, it was ok, we had mom's group and the kids were acting up a bit, but nothing too bad... Then Wednesday I had a meeting at the church... It started out ok, the meeting wasn't long at all! Gavin came into the room and said he wanted to go play outside on the playground. I told him no, because I couldn't see him. I said, what if someone came by and picked you up and grabbed you and took you somewhere? Mommy would never see you again and I would be soooo sad! I said, I can't see you, so you need to stay inside. Well, not more than 3 minutes passed and Kotah comes up to me and says, uh, mom, Gavin is trying to go outside. So, I get up, go over to him and talk. I asked him what is he doing? he says, I WANT to play OUTSIDE! I said, bubby, I can't see you, so you can&