Thursday, March 27, 2008

Please God...

Took the kids for a quick walk tonite after supper. They got done eating around 6:00, so by the time we got shoes tied and coats on, it was 10 after. We get all the way down to, or up to, 56th Street, and I hear something, then I feel something. I said, Kids, let's go, it is starting to rain, we need to turn around! Gavin said, no, we need to go this way, I said, no, that way it to long, that is up hill, it will take even longer, this way is faster, let's go! So we turned around and after a while I hear Dakotah yelling out a prayer, PLEASE GOD, GET US HOME AND DON'T RAIN ON US!!!!! The sprinkling STOPPED!!!!! Then I put Skylar down so she can walk a little more, then about 15 houses from ours, it started to sprinkle again, again, Kotah says, God, please let us get home safely with no rain, please! It stopped yet again!!! Then it didn't rain or sprinkle the rest of the nite... Hmm....
How cool is it to realize that she knows she can ask God for anything, now, He may not answer, but He may. I've been reading them a book lately about prayer for kids. Guess it is starting to sink in for her. She got it for Christmas from Grandma, what a GREAT book! Check it out! It is called, What Happens When I Talk to God? It is by Stormie Omarian.

No comments: