Skip to main content

Thanksgiving, This Week???

Man, where has the time gone? I feel like I've been running and can't stop, ok, not literally running, but going from one thing to the next! As you all know, the kids and I went to IN a while ago, I think it was 2 weeks ago? We left on Tuesday just to be there and do whatever needed to be done. (We got there at 1:30 am.) I ended up helping Tawne in the kitchen that way she wouldn't have to worry about what we were eating and she could spend all day with Grandma and her sisters. She felt bad that I ended doing it all, but it really wasn't a big deal. I was there to help her any way I could, and that is one thing I knew how to do! :O) It's not like I can preach or run the school for them! :O) So I did the cooking for 13 people then when Curt's brother's fam came from MI, there was an extra 7 people. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to cook!!! I made a BIG ice cream cake for our nephew, it was his birthday the week before, so we just celebrated since they were out! i must say, it turned out pretty YUMMY!!! (I didn't get a pic of that one! :O( )
The funeral service was really nice. Grandma had gotten up front in church right after she found out about her cancer and gave her testimony. That was pretty neat to see on video. Then they found a tape of her singing, that was so cool!!! Not a dry eye!!! I had never heard her sing before, she had a beautiful voice!! (Now I know where Curt's mom and he gets it!! Okay, so his dad's has a nice voice too... ;o) ) Then the pastor did something that I had never heard of before, but thought was soooo cool!! I want it done at my funeral... He said that he now transfers her membership from (can't remember the name of her church) her church, to heaven. That was so cool!!!! The viewing went really well. It was neat to see all the people that she knew and impacted their lives!!!
We had to take our van into the shop while we were there! I took the van in to get an oil change before we left and the tech told me that I NEEDED to get some new cv boots and soon! I was like ok whatever. I had NOOOO clue what cv boots were, a van, with boots? ;o) So as soon as I got to IN, I had Mr Car Fix It look at it for me. He told Curt and George what to get, so they went from one place to anther and back and forth into town (They live 45 minutes from Fort Wayne, the town that they needed to get the parts from) ALLLLL day Saturday! I don't think I got to see Curt or George for more than 30 minutes that day! All in all, they didn't and couldn't find the right part. So Walter (The Mr Fix It Guy) ended up putting new brakes on for us, then we took it to another town to a shop to get fixed. So we got it fixed, and I think they ended up putting shafts on instead of the boots. I am like, whatever, as long as it gets me home and from one place to another, I am good! :O) So we finally made it home this last Tuesday about 11:30 p.m. The kids were happy to be home, infact, Dakotah told me, "Mom, it sure is good to be back home, isn't it?" I am laughing and saying yep. ;o) Then Wednesday I am trying to get all the laundry done, which took all day! Thursday I am trying to clean since my cousins from Inman, KS were coming. Thursday nite and pretty much all of Friday, I am dead! Skylar and I got a touch of some bug and I was sooooooooo tired and could NOT get enough sleep!!! I would sit down and be pretty much dead to the world! I think it was from not getting enough sleep and I just kept going and going.... The events from the last couple of weeks got to me!!! Why can't things just slow down, just for a little? ;o) I still feel like I could sleep for a month and still not feel like I got enough sleep! Anybody ever feel like that?
Curt left tonite and won't be home til Wednesday. He has MANY stores to hit before Black Friday to make sure they are ready! All of them told him they were over the phone, but he gets to go make sure they are! Plus, he gets to be at both the Ankeny store and the WDM store on Friday! Woo hoo.... (Not really) I didn't like working that day and then the rest of the days til Christmas, it seems like people got meaner and ruder? Why is that?
So now I am just trying to figure out what to do with the Christmas program for the church! I mean, I know what I am doing, but don't know how many of the extra scenes I can do!!! We will see!! :O) I am really excited to be doing this! It is so much fun to hear the kids sing songs and act out! TOO CUTE!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!! :O)
(anybody still awake after reading this? Sorry so long, just trying to catch myself up to what I have been doing and what day it is!! :O)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Ultrasound

First of all, thank you ladies for all those sweet comments you made on my last post! How sweet you are for saying those things! Made my day!!! :O) Second, went for the ultrasound on Monday and everything is fine! WHOO HOO!!!!! No more placenta previa!!!! The baby weighs about 2 1/2 lbs, and everything looks good! We took the kids with us so they could see their baby brother/sister, they LOVED it!! Gavin was FULL of questions though! What's that stuff she put on mommy's belly? Why do the lights needs to be off? I only see one eye. Where's the other eye? What was that, is that his hand or leg? Oh my.... ;o) The tech ended up putting up a 4D on the screen, so that was really cool to see! The cord was kinda in the way, but I still think it was awesome! I didn't have that with any of the other kids!!! :O) Maybe the trick is taking 3 other siblings in to see the 4th!!! ;o) I also only gained a pound, which I am trying to figure out, seeings how I pretty m

Grandma

Grandma passed away this morning at 1:35 am. She had been totally un-responsive for the past couple of days. Yesterday we got a call and said she only had an hour, they said they made the mistake and grandma heard them, so she kept hanging on! Her feet had been cold and almost black, but they were starting to get warm and she was taking more breaths, but still very shallow. Finally she gave in and went home! The family seems to be doing ok, just please keep them in your prayers! The viewing will be Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am not sure of the times yet, they are meeting with the funeral director in an hour. I am not going to be at the musical practice Monday nite, so Sandy May and Jena R are in charge that nite! I will have the lines assigned so the kids will know what their parts will be! Please help them out this week!!!! Thank you!!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers!!!!