Skip to main content

What a week!

The title is an understatement! ;o) Curt left Sunday nite for Waterloo, he will be home tomorrow!! YEAH!!!!!!! For some reason, our AC is NOT working right, not a big deal you are thinking, BUT it got to 85 degrees in here on Monday!!! (I haven't called anyone to try to get it fixed, because I know we really won't need it in the next couple of days!!!) I was sweating just SITTING!!!!! So we were not at home that day, couldn't stand the heat!!!! Then on Tuesday was mom's group, then we had lunch, then came home to a still hot house. I put the kids down for a nap, but they didn't sleep, which is odd. Dakotah won't always take a nap, but she will lay still (For the most part!). I had gotten LITTLE sleep that nite, so I was really NEEDING them to sleep. After about 1 hour and a half of fighting with Dakoth and Gavin, I decided it was time to leave. ;o) So off to SAM's... They were good in the store, which was very nice!!!! Back home to get some supper, then gave them baths and then a movie and snack, then bed!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! They thankfully fell asleep almost right away, except for Dakotah, she was making noises and woke her sister up! So, I put Skylar up in our room in the pack n play until Kotah fell asleep. After another lack of sleep nite, Gavin thankfully slept in til 7:15!!! Another WOO HOO!!!!! :O) This morning we went over to Well Spring (I know, I know, I should NOT even thing about going there, let alone, actually walk in there...) for their story time. I THOUGHT the kids would like it, I threatened them to sit still and be sure to listen because this was something special for THEM!!! Well, the little talk worked on Dakotah, but Gavin wasn't really interested in the story. But he was being good and quiet, so I will not complain! He decided to throw a couple of fits today, but not too terribly bad.
I also wasn't going to say anything until after Friday, but I have to go to court to fight a ticket I got. I am SUPER nervous, especially after talking to Jason, he gave me a couple of pointers, and I thought I was nervous BEFORE talking to him, yeah, now I am REALLY nervous!!!! I was doing 62 in a 55, I had my cruise set, he pulled me over and said I was doing 71, I told him as I was giving him my license and registration that I had my cruise set at 62, he then turned and walked away and then came back with a ticket. NICE!!!!!!!!!! So the reason I am now saying something, please pray for me, I do NOT like to get up in front of people and talk, especially a JUDGE!!!!! Jason said I would need to say yes, I want to testify or the judge will not listen to anything I have to say, he got me at the word TESTIFY!!!!!! :O So, I am praying that the cop will not show up so they have to throw it out, but I have a feeling he will be there! yippeee.....
Will post later Friday to say how it went....
So yeah, what a week. I've been also going through all the kids clothes and trying to get rid of most everything. I THOUGHT about having a garage sale next week, IF it is supposed to be nice, try to get rid of all the fall clothes, but I don't know if that will happen! Atleast it is all sorted out now! I just have to put the stuff I want to save away, and then put all the garage sale stuff in a box, well, a couple of boxes!! :O)
I am really ready for Curt to be back, and I know the kids are too! Curt has had a fun time with the store re-lo in Waterloo!! ;o)
I would like to say that the rest of the week is looking to be pretty slow and easy, but that's not the case! Curt will get home, then do some work, then off to band practice, I have the court date at 1:00 on Friday, then something else going on that evening, then Saturday nite we are having the teens over here for the Fall Kick Off, then church, then a start of another week! I pray that teens will come!!! I wrote a couple of e-mails to some teens that were listed on the FACEBOOK, I pray that God will open their hearts and come check us out!!!!
Ok, after a novel, must clean up a little more, then off to bed! Hopefully I will get more sleep tonite than I have been! I think it has topped off to be no more than 2 1/2 hours a nite!!! :O\ It is either the kids getting awake, or me not being able to sleep....

Comments

Jenn said…
I hope you get some teens there too, it would be a blessing for them.
Jena said…
Okay, so the name "Sleep, whats that?" is not a joke?! Hope you sleep well soon :)

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Ultrasound

First of all, thank you ladies for all those sweet comments you made on my last post! How sweet you are for saying those things! Made my day!!! :O) Second, went for the ultrasound on Monday and everything is fine! WHOO HOO!!!!! No more placenta previa!!!! The baby weighs about 2 1/2 lbs, and everything looks good! We took the kids with us so they could see their baby brother/sister, they LOVED it!! Gavin was FULL of questions though! What's that stuff she put on mommy's belly? Why do the lights needs to be off? I only see one eye. Where's the other eye? What was that, is that his hand or leg? Oh my.... ;o) The tech ended up putting up a 4D on the screen, so that was really cool to see! The cord was kinda in the way, but I still think it was awesome! I didn't have that with any of the other kids!!! :O) Maybe the trick is taking 3 other siblings in to see the 4th!!! ;o) I also only gained a pound, which I am trying to figure out, seeings how I pretty m

Grandma

Grandma passed away this morning at 1:35 am. She had been totally un-responsive for the past couple of days. Yesterday we got a call and said she only had an hour, they said they made the mistake and grandma heard them, so she kept hanging on! Her feet had been cold and almost black, but they were starting to get warm and she was taking more breaths, but still very shallow. Finally she gave in and went home! The family seems to be doing ok, just please keep them in your prayers! The viewing will be Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am not sure of the times yet, they are meeting with the funeral director in an hour. I am not going to be at the musical practice Monday nite, so Sandy May and Jena R are in charge that nite! I will have the lines assigned so the kids will know what their parts will be! Please help them out this week!!!! Thank you!!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers!!!!