Skip to main content

Believe In Me

Curt left tonite before 7:00, I put a movie in for the kids and then got them a snack. I couldn't find the TMNT movie (BUMMER ;oP), so Gavin picked out Robots instead. In the end of the movie the dad said to his son, I am sorry that I couldn't give you more son. The son then replied, dad, you gave me more than you know, you believed in me, you never gave up.
What I guess I am trying to say is, I feel bad that I can't give my kids more things. But then I was thinking, I do give them so much, I play with them, I get to stay at home and teach them things (although some days.....), I read them Bible Stories, I get to read them a devotional every nite! I may not be able to buy them more things, but they don't need all that "stuff". They just need to know that their mom and dad loves them, and so does Jesus! There are many days that I do want to call it quits and throw in the towel, but as Amy wrote in her blog James 1:19 and 20...
19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
How true this is!!!! There are so many days that we just want to tell them no or get angry to fast before we even think about it! I had told her I memorized these verses when I first became and parent and said this verse MANY times in my head, but lately, I forgot about it, until she posted it. I was having a very bad week, the kids were acting up, I was getting upset, Skylar is getting teeth, and not having a good time I might add, trying to get all the food to the store on time, then make sure the kids didn't destroy everything they had already put up..... It just seemed like it was all piling up, and I was holding it all in, until they did something, then I responded too quickly...
My prayer is that I remember this verse, that I will be slow to anger, slow to answer and quick to listen! That my kids will be able to see Jesus shining through me, when I have a prob, that I will go to God with it and not try to fix it myself first, that my kids know that they can turn to God for ANYTHING that comes their way!
I encourage you (like Pastor Lori has) to do a devotional with your kids, then pray with them before bed! (You can pray with them more than right before bed, when the first wake up, asking God to help them make right choices and say nice words, help them to have a good day, or get through a test that they have at school... the important thing is to pray with them) I can honestly tell you that the nites that I pray with my kids before bed, they have NOT woken up from a bad dream! The nites that I forgot to pray, all 3 of them have been up! They are sooo many nice and short and easy devos out there for your kids to understand! We finished the Veggie Tale devo, and are working on the Message devo. Who knows which one will be next, I may just have to go over to FCS and pick up Jesus Wants All of Me that way I have it for when the Message one is done! :O)
No matter how bad it may seem, remember, you are BLESSED to have kids! You will get through whatever is going on, God will help you if you call out to Him! Kids are such a blessing from God, and I too think that I may not make it through the day, but I call on Him, He helps me, and I KNOW I am sooooooooo very blessed to have my 3 little munchkins!!!!! (even if Gavin is smearing butt cream all over the wall, and pouring butt powder all over the floor, or Dakotah is talking back, and Skylar is screaming because her teeth are bugging her and the medicine hasn't kicked in yet...........)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to kettle bell class and I died...  I honestly haven&#

Ultrasound

First of all, thank you ladies for all those sweet comments you made on my last post! How sweet you are for saying those things! Made my day!!! :O) Second, went for the ultrasound on Monday and everything is fine! WHOO HOO!!!!! No more placenta previa!!!! The baby weighs about 2 1/2 lbs, and everything looks good! We took the kids with us so they could see their baby brother/sister, they LOVED it!! Gavin was FULL of questions though! What's that stuff she put on mommy's belly? Why do the lights needs to be off? I only see one eye. Where's the other eye? What was that, is that his hand or leg? Oh my.... ;o) The tech ended up putting up a 4D on the screen, so that was really cool to see! The cord was kinda in the way, but I still think it was awesome! I didn't have that with any of the other kids!!! :O) Maybe the trick is taking 3 other siblings in to see the 4th!!! ;o) I also only gained a pound, which I am trying to figure out, seeings how I pretty m

North or be Eaten...

Wow what an AWESOME book!!!!!!!!! I don't know where to begin, so I am just going to write the "preview" from the back of the book! ;o) North or be Eaten is by Andrew Peterson and this happens to be the 2nd one in this series. First the found themselves On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness. Now they must make their way North! Or Be Eaten... Janner, Tink, and Leeli Igiby thought they were normal children with normal lives and a normal past. But now they know they're really the Lost Jewels of Anniera, heirs to a legendary kingdom across the sea, and suddenly everyone wants to kill them. In order to survive, the Igibys must flee to the safety of the Ice Prairies, where the lizard-like Fangs of Dang cannot follow. First however, they have to escape the monsters of Glipwood Forest, the thieving Stranders of the East Bend, and the dreaded Fork Factory. But even more dangerous is the jealousy and bitterness that threaten to tear them apart, and Janner and his siblings mus