Skip to main content

Miscarried Joy

I signed up to receive books for free, and in return, blog about them...  Whether good or bad!  :) And this is one of those books!

I saw the title of this one, and knew I had to check it out!  After having 2 miscarriages, and no one seems to talk about it.  Or more like, you don't hear about it until you have one.  Why is this not talked about?

This book was a good read.  Hard at times because I have been through it and felt a lot of what Tanika had gone through.  Now, I hadn't gone through everything she did, but still.

It was a comfort to read and know that all the emotions and thoughts, and even angry is ok.  My first one I lost was 13 years ago.  I was very mad at God, and I questioned Him.  The second one, still, very hard to go through because it was completely different than my first (long story, and if any one wants to know it, I'll share it.... I ended up in ER losing my baby naturally.... Had a D&C for my first one... and actually still needed one after my second...  again, long story!) but I knew that God had me and had everything in control.

This book brought me to tears and even laughter.  It is a must read for anyone that has gone through a miscarriage.  I love the fact that she put scripture all throughout the book! How she talks about that God is still there!

Here are some quotes from Tanika that I really liked:

The blessings that come without challenges sometimes aren't appreciated as much as those that arrive after a struggle.

(wow.  Talk about a blow.  But a good one!  I feel like applies to life in general, not just after misacrage)

God doesn't work according to our time. He works according to when we are ready to receive the blessing that He has stored up for us.

If you allow God to privately develop you, He will publicly bless you.

Our brokenness has a tendency to prevent us from seeing what God is building is our lives.

These really hit home.  Now I have had a baby since my last miscarriage, but truly enjoyed and was able to grieve more over my babies that are in heaven right now. I will also be sharing this with my friends that I know have gone through this recently and in the past.  I feel that this book will really help them.  We aren't alone and I feel more ladies need to know that!  They need to know that God is with us, no matter what.  They need to read this book and be reassured of His awesomeness and His timing and His love for us.

We all go through a time of not really being patient, it is so very hard.  Especially when you are talking about having a baby.  She also talks about and has scripture about how to be patient, and she herself is being patient, and CLAIMING that baby.  Love the prayer at the end and how to claim that child as your own.

Thank you for opening up and being willing to write what you have gone through so others can be assured that they aren't alone. It can be a very dark and scary and lonely time, but God is ever so good and faithful!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma

Grandma passed away this morning at 1:35 am. She had been totally un-responsive for the past couple of days. Yesterday we got a call and said she only had an hour, they said they made the mistake and grandma heard them, so she kept hanging on! Her feet had been cold and almost black, but they were starting to get warm and she was taking more breaths, but still very shallow. Finally she gave in and went home! The family seems to be doing ok, just please keep them in your prayers! The viewing will be Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am not sure of the times yet, they are meeting with the funeral director in an hour. I am not going to be at the musical practice Monday nite, so Sandy May and Jena R are in charge that nite! I will have the lines assigned so the kids will know what their parts will be! Please help them out this week!!!! Thank you!!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers!!!!

Run-Aways

Wow, this has seriously been an eventful week! Starting off with the whole fabric softener mis-hap, which you can read on here if you didn't see or hear about it! Then Curt left Monday nite, Tuesday, well, it was ok, we had mom's group and the kids were acting up a bit, but nothing too bad... Then Wednesday I had a meeting at the church... It started out ok, the meeting wasn't long at all! Gavin came into the room and said he wanted to go play outside on the playground. I told him no, because I couldn't see him. I said, what if someone came by and picked you up and grabbed you and took you somewhere? Mommy would never see you again and I would be soooo sad! I said, I can't see you, so you need to stay inside. Well, not more than 3 minutes passed and Kotah comes up to me and says, uh, mom, Gavin is trying to go outside. So, I get up, go over to him and talk. I asked him what is he doing? he says, I WANT to play OUTSIDE! I said, bubby, I can't see you, so you can&

Blue Like Play Dough

I got signed up to read some books and then blog about it. If you post a comment at the end (or if it won't let you, send me an e-mail or write me on FB) I will put all the names in a hat and pull and name out. Then I will send you a free copy! The book I read is called Blue Like Play Dough and it's by Tricia Goyer. Her website is http://www.triciagoyer.com/ You can get more info on it at RandomHouse.com This book is awesome! A fast read if you don't have a lot of time to read it, kinda like me! :) The first couple of chapters just totally grabbed me! We are always trying to find time to set aside for God and wait for Him to speak to us. We are always so busy going here and going there and doing this with our kids, then cooking, cleaning, etc.. we don't think He can meet us in our home, but that is where Tricia hears God. She has heard Him speak to her when she is cuddling with her little girl or playing with play dough with her kids. Tricia has been through so much