Skip to main content

another update

Dad will be moved up to the 2nd floor, which is the Cancer Floor at Parkveiw. They talked with the diabetic doc, the one they don't like, but mom said he is a COMPLETELY different person! Thank you Barry for going over to be with them early this morning. Kinda sucks that you need to be that sick before someone is nice to you! Oh well, such is life... anyways... Dr D said he was going to put him on a antibiotic and don't remember why. Also, he said that he could do the procedure with his eyes closed to have all that fluid removed. He said that he could close his eyes and touch dad's stomach, poke the needle in there and remove the fluid. He said it is very common for this procedure to be done, so he could have it done again. Mom said it looked like he was just filling up with fluid right before her eyes. If you have seen dad, you know how skinny he is, so to see him all puffy and bloated... Also Dr D said since you don't sound 100% sure yet that you want to go to Hospice, let's admit you over nite. We know that we will need hospice, but if they can get him stable, do the procedure, maybe he can come home and Hospice can come here? I am not sure yet.
Will post again when I find out more from mom. He should be getting a room very soon. Mom said he was getting kinda antsy, wanted to move, but before she could get a nurse in to see when they would get to the room, he was asleep again. Mom said he is getting pain meds through an IV, but doesn't remember what kind of pain meds. Again, the doc said, if you are in pain, we've got something for it. We do NOT want you in pain. We have more pain meds than you have pain! So... he is kinda dopey right now just because of that, but again, he is comfortable and breathing ok.
Thank you all for your prayers, we can feel them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run-Aways

Wow, this has seriously been an eventful week! Starting off with the whole fabric softener mis-hap, which you can read on here if you didn't see or hear about it! Then Curt left Monday nite, Tuesday, well, it was ok, we had mom's group and the kids were acting up a bit, but nothing too bad... Then Wednesday I had a meeting at the church... It started out ok, the meeting wasn't long at all! Gavin came into the room and said he wanted to go play outside on the playground. I told him no, because I couldn't see him. I said, what if someone came by and picked you up and grabbed you and took you somewhere? Mommy would never see you again and I would be soooo sad! I said, I can't see you, so you need to stay inside. Well, not more than 3 minutes passed and Kotah comes up to me and says, uh, mom, Gavin is trying to go outside. So, I get up, go over to him and talk. I asked him what is he doing? he says, I WANT to play OUTSIDE! I said, bubby, I can't see you, so you can...

Judah's Wife Book Review

I received this book from Bethany House for free if I agreed to read and then blog about it. Judah's Wife is by Angela Hunt. I've read a few of her books and absolutely enjoyed and loved them!  I was very excited to be picked to read this book! I've honestly not read anything from the books of Maccabees.  This story is the "silent years' between Malachi and Matthew. I really would like find Maccabees now to read it since I've read this book. This book was amazing! Love being able to read stories that really capture what it was like.  Angela Hunt has done this in this book. I really enjoyed how she told it from Judah's side and Leahs side.  It would go back and forth, but it wasn't confusing at all. Talks about Leahs up-bringing and how she struggled. Her father wasn't a real father figure and in time she realizes how much her mother protected her from her father and his blows. She struggles to truly love Judah at first who was somewhat fo...

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to ke...