Skip to main content

Poor Boy!!!




Wow, what a couple of days this has been!!!! Curt is Fargo, he THANKFULLY, flies in tomorrow around lunch time! ;o) I was up allllllllllllllll nite last nite with Gavin. I had nooo idea what was wrong with him! I put him to bed and then about 11:00 I finally decided to take him upstairs and put him in our bed. So after a couple more hours of him sitting up bed crying and mumbling something, he finally said my bed mommy, my bed. So I said ok, I'll take you back down to your bed. This was about 2:00 a.m. He was up another 4 or 5 times and then woke up crying at 6:00 a.m. I said oh no, you need to go back to sleep! (This kid is up and ready to go by 6:00, but I wasn't ready to have him up!!! Actually, I am NEVER ready for him to be up at 6:00, but especially this morning....) I took him potty, then put him back and bed, and thankfully he went back to sleep til 7:15 a.m. Then they were all up! Got them some breakfast and put a movie in for them so I could take a shower. (This is the ONLY thing that works for them to leave me alone and not fight each other!) After that, we played a little and I noticed that Gavin's eye looked a little pink, I am thinking, great, pink eye here we come! So I put a couple of drops in his eyes, then we were getting ready to go out. I needed to get out and let them get a little fresh air. Ok, so it was toooooo humid for the fresh air, so we went over to Jordan Creek mall. Good excuse to walk around and check out what was on sale! :O) I let them play for in the play center, Gavin's eye was looking better.... but after about 10 minutes of them playing, Gavin came back to me, and I noticed his eye was almost completely shut! I was like ok, time to go, now!!!! So, we left and came right home. I got the drops and put them in again, then got them some lunch and called the doc. Of course my normal doc wasn't in, so I had to see someone else. AND the ONLY opening was at 2:45, right smack dab in the middle of what was supposed to be nap time! But I took it. :O Got there, waited for an hour, which is VERY unusual (I am in a room within 10 to 15 minutes and see a student doc after another 10 minutes, then the doc after another 5 min). The doc got in the room, looked at all 3 of my kids and looked back at Gavin again, and said you must be Gavin. So he looked at his eye, then asked all the usual questions if anything hurt, did he have a cough, did his appetite change (that was a BIG NO!!!!!). So I told her about last nite and how he was up and wouldn't settle down to good. Then she took one look in his left ear and about jumped back, she said it was VERY bad in that ear! Then went around to the right and said it was starting in that one as well! Great.... I had NOOOOO idea that his ear was even hurting, he was acting his normal self, you know, like bugging his sissy and going NON STOP!!!!!!! She said she was pretty sure that it wasn't pink eye and that the medication she was giving me for it would and should clear it up in 24 hours. I am thinking, it looks like pink eye to me, but you are the doc. She also noticed in Gavin's file how many times he was prescribed amoxocillin (SP? I am tired, give me a break!) and asked me if they were all for ear infections, I told her yes. This kid has had WAY too many ear infections! (From the age of 3 months to about a year, he had one almost every month.) The doc gave me zithromax or something like that, where he takes one big dose today, then for the next 4 days, one dose a day, but a smaller one. So, we shall see what happens! He feel asleep in my arms while watching a movie tonite, that does NOT happen with him anymore!!!! I am praying he will be feeling better tomorrow!! I was planning on going to Alpha tonite, but couldn't quite make it! Even if he was ok, just from being up with him last nite, I am BEAT!!! And spending a lot of time at the doc office, then getting the prescription filled.... I've had head ache since getting home from the doc and Wal*Mart (5:00), in that time, I took Tylenol, Advil and a Darvacet, nothing has worked so far! Hopefully some sleep should help!!! Good-nite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run-Aways

Wow, this has seriously been an eventful week! Starting off with the whole fabric softener mis-hap, which you can read on here if you didn't see or hear about it! Then Curt left Monday nite, Tuesday, well, it was ok, we had mom's group and the kids were acting up a bit, but nothing too bad... Then Wednesday I had a meeting at the church... It started out ok, the meeting wasn't long at all! Gavin came into the room and said he wanted to go play outside on the playground. I told him no, because I couldn't see him. I said, what if someone came by and picked you up and grabbed you and took you somewhere? Mommy would never see you again and I would be soooo sad! I said, I can't see you, so you need to stay inside. Well, not more than 3 minutes passed and Kotah comes up to me and says, uh, mom, Gavin is trying to go outside. So, I get up, go over to him and talk. I asked him what is he doing? he says, I WANT to play OUTSIDE! I said, bubby, I can't see you, so you can...

Judah's Wife Book Review

I received this book from Bethany House for free if I agreed to read and then blog about it. Judah's Wife is by Angela Hunt. I've read a few of her books and absolutely enjoyed and loved them!  I was very excited to be picked to read this book! I've honestly not read anything from the books of Maccabees.  This story is the "silent years' between Malachi and Matthew. I really would like find Maccabees now to read it since I've read this book. This book was amazing! Love being able to read stories that really capture what it was like.  Angela Hunt has done this in this book. I really enjoyed how she told it from Judah's side and Leahs side.  It would go back and forth, but it wasn't confusing at all. Talks about Leahs up-bringing and how she struggled. Her father wasn't a real father figure and in time she realizes how much her mother protected her from her father and his blows. She struggles to truly love Judah at first who was somewhat fo...

Whew...

written 4-7-18 Wow! It's been a while since I"ve blogged...  Crazy fun times around here!  :) We had a BIG EVENT for our church Friday night.  It was awesome!!!  All about where we are and what we need to finance our new church building we are building!  We were to take a card and pray about a number and donate for the building fund.  It was a FANTASTIC awesome night to say the least!!! Curt and I have been praying about a number that God wants us to give.  We both feel a number, we can't afford.  haha...  We really can't afford anything because we still have 2 adoption credit card bills we are paying off.  God has blessed us and given us what we need each month.  But we want to give, and adding it up and looking at our budget and writing it all out, it's not there.  Nothing is there!  But that's the way it was with adoption!  We took that step of faith! So that was Friday...  Saturday morning went to ke...